Paid users of Byta have access to a contact list that allows them to easily search and share with their contacts. Every time a new contact is sent a share they will be automatically added to your saved contacts but there are many instances where our users have existing contact lists that they wish to pull into Byta. This is easily done with our “Import Contacts” functionality. Read more about adding contacts below.
To take full advantage of our tagging functionality we recommend following the steps laid out in Import Tagged Contacts for easy sharing to tag groups.
Importing your contacts via .CSV upload
- Click ‘+ Add CSV’
- Select the appropriate file and click ‘open’
- The banner will show ‘xx contacts added. xx Contacts updated’
- If you are uploading a large number of contacts you will be emailed when the import is complete.
I am seeing “0 Contacts added” despite my CSV having contacts in it
Before importing your contacts it’s best to ensure your CSV file uses the correct settings
– each field is separated by a comma
– contact names are split into two separate columns, first name & last name
– each column has a line header, First Name, Last Name, Email
I am following the correct column setting but my file still isn’t working?
Sometimes if you are still facing issues it is due to the CSV being saved out incorrectly. Please use the below steps to convert to the correct format:
Convert from CSV to CSV
If you are unsure your file is in the correct CSV format we suggest converting it:
- Navigate to CSV Converter
- Convert to CSV with the settings: ‘first row is column names’, field separator = Comma
Convert from vCard to CSV (including apple contacts.app & mail.app users)
- Export your contacts as a vCard from contacts.app in OSX
- Navigate to vCard Converter
- Convert to CSV with the settings: CSV, comma, ‘Add Header Line’, ‘cards with e-mail only’